Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sunday of Color



Heartland farm, where I go to pick strawberries in the summer,
was filled with color Sunday. And I don't mean the rows and rows of pumpkins
or wagons of miniature ghourds.
Or the scary cutouts of Halloween spooks.
Cuteness abounded too with pygmy goats and pot belly pigs
Brightly feathered chickens and furry bunnies...
boxes of red and yellow apples.
The colors that caught my eye were all the children with sparkly eyes
and big white smiles,
running from the hayride to the corn maze to the haunted barn
counting the pumpkins lined up in neat rows..photo ops too many to count.
Each wearing brightly colored fleece jackets and hats-
wrapping their hands around warm cups of hot cocoa.
And it was my first time to enjoy it all with my only grand baby.

Doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment